Blog Gallery Gadget

Have you noticed my new gallery at the top? Isn't it cool? It's a link-out to all my prior posts. Just hover your mouse over an image and it will display the post title, or click an image and it will take you to that post. Isn't that so much better than the drop-down menu I have on my sidebar??! At least I think so.

Would you like to have one of these for your own blog? Free??! Yes, free! The left side of my brain won-out this week, and I've been "crafting" some javascript. And like all my other craft ideas, I thought I would share.

You can define the size of the gallery, the size of the images, the gallery title, how many rows tall, and even whether you want the date displayed with the description. It will automatically scan your blog posts for thumbnail images and display everything available.

Click here to initiate the setup. Key in the field values until your gallery looks the way you want it to. Then just copy the script on the right and place it in your blog in an HTML box. You could even paste it into a post, though I'm not really sure why you would want to.

Give it a try! And please let me know if you have any issues with it. Even free is no fun if it doesn't work. If you set one up on your blog, I'd love to see it. Let me know and I'll feature your site so others can see how great it looks.




Check out how Pam at Cloth to Creations set hers up!


Here's an application at Wonder Woman Creations:



Here's another application at Flower Photography:


And one at The Clip Cafe:

16 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Thanks for sharing...and for your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be something up with my browser as the gallery section on your page is blank for me... ? It's a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's working for IE now - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You know how to speak javascript? I might just ask for your phone number, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this fabulous gadget Sheri! I've put it up on my blog and I'm really liking the look. Had to do a bit of tweaking to get it where it is, and may have to do a bit more. It sits over further to the right than it should I think, but it's still good. Thanks again! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun idea! Thanks. I just used it on my blog.

    http://wonderwomancreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I added it to a permanent linky on my blog for computer/blogging tutorials. If you have any others, please feel free to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I also have tab links for sewing, organization and photography tutorials as well. I'll be adding a DIY tutorial linky soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - thanks! Was wondering if there was any way to make the background a different color or transparent?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this tool! It's so easy to use!:)
    It's very kind of you!
    Just wondering if there is a way to choose the pictures appearing on the gallery?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LuceBuona, I'm glad you like the tool! To your question, the images displayed are determined by the HTML code used by blogger, scanning the code for the first image match. Unfortunately, there's no way for you to control it yourself except for setting the sequences of the images within your post. Sorry!
      Thanks for your inquiry!

      Delete
  12. Hello, thanks for the gallery. Its looks great : http://defimesideesfixes.blogspot.fr/p/galerie.html
    As you might notice, the only problem is that all pictures after the 25th one become blurry. Do you know how to fix this ? My pictures are all the same quality so that's not them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ola estou com dificuldade coloquei os gadget galeria no meu site que e pra jogos coloquei uns 20 jogos cada um em um quadrado e fiz as categorias por exemplo jogos de meninas,jogos de açao, jogos de tiros etc.. so que eu queria quando eu clicasse no jogo por exemplo jogos de meninas aparecece varios gadget galeria de jogos de meninas so que nao aparece o que eu faço me ajuda por favor?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks.. is very good. I was triyng to do a gallery and is a lot of work to write the code!!.

    ReplyDelete